Sunday, January 29, 2012

The One Who Got Away

Is there such a thing as postponing a feeling? It always took me more time than some for something to sink in. Either good or bad, things seem to take a while to hit me. I can feel them boiling up and down until suddenly it’s here and like a river flooding over it just takes it all with it.

Life has been easy on me when it comes to losing loved ones. Saying that I have lived 28 years and a quarter, and I have only faced the lost of one, but have cried for many others. Whether you believe in a better place, an afterlife with no more tears, no more pain, no more knots in your throat when you just want to run so fast so everything will disappear. Well, whether you do or don’t...it’s a fact: The thought of someone going is never, ever easy, ever.

Seeing someone you love go through pain is even harder sometimes, because no matter what you do you cannot yank that pain away from them. They have to go through it, it was written in their days, God makes no mistakes and still, it’s so hard.

I feel as if the world has stopped for a little while, as if the Earth is just hanging in there. If you ask me today, what my biggest fear is, I’d say it’s not dying but seeing people go. The bare thought of imagining my life without some people makes me want to die. Ironic? Maybe so.

Although she’s not completely gone yet, much of her light is. I pray for God’s will be done and that everyone’s heart can be comforted by the Almighty strength from above.

It’s funny how I can still hear it, taste it and almost touch that not-so-long ago time…

I love you grandma and always will.

"Be still, and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10